10.10.2006

Here's two for Tuesday.

1. I'm thinking about buying a new camera, something with a little more zoom. Maybe a digital slr. I like the Nikon D50, a friend recomended it. I went and looked at some today at Bestbuy, the D50 came with an 18/55 lens which isn't quite enough zoom, so I'd probably have to find another package. Then I looked at a canon powershot, i can't remember which model, but it had a really good zoom and still had the movie function which the slr doesn't? Any opinions?

2. My little sister in law is on the radio every morning as a dj for a christian radio morning show, you should listen. It's early though - 6:30 to 9:30 in the a.m. I taught her everything she knows.

5 comments:

sekondstory said...

All I know is...you definitely want to invest in a good camera before the baby comes and you definitely want the movie function!

sekondstory said...

oh and I'm listening to katie's station now I haven't heard anyone talking but I love the music selection!

f1rststory said...

OK - I'm partial to Canon (digital EOS's are awesome)- all I've had in still and movie cameras. Definately the best. However, the Nikon is used by a lot of Pros and is a good camera. How much do you want to spend? And, remember, I can get them at cost. ;)

go here... http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7603_7-6241014-1.html?tag=dir

Anonymous said...

Okay, so John, I've been doing a little work for ya. Here is the camera I would suggest. Considering your active lifestyle, I suggest you get the Olympus Stylus 720 SW. It's shockproof, waterproof, 7.1 mega pixels, etc. It's about $400. Not sure how much you're wanting to spend, but I think you would be very, very content with this camera. Just my input :)

Baberaham said...

What ever you do, do not buy the Olympus. It get mediocre reviews unless they've updated it. I would definitely go the Canon route. Their little digital elphs get great reviews and are small and compact. I'm sure Tim has won one he would sell you. He's always winning something. Definitely go to websites that rate the cameras. You'll see that Canon always scores close to the top.